Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, July 5, 2010

Unconscious Volcanos

Today I was reminded of my humanity.

I have had a situation that has been going on,
and I became very reactive to it. Something
triggered me, and I couldn't believe my reaction.

I wasn't thinking clearly, and said some things
I am not sure about, and may have even been
projecting (oh no, me?! LOL).

It is a reminder to me that despite anyone's
best of intentions, despite anyone's beliefs,
words, or actions, there is a part of us deep
within that is reactive. For some it might be
like a seemingly dormant volcano, until one day
it just seems to awaken, and one wonders, "where
the heck did that come from?"

All kinds of things can trigger us, although
wounds are some of the most likely ones,
especially in cases where people are the
most emotional or volatile.

So...the next time you feel yourself out of
control, or feel a person you care about has
gone off the deep end, and you haven't a clue
as to why, consider perhaps that there is
something more going on than meets the eye.
(Most things are not what they appear.)

If possible, step back, and consider being
compassionate and loving and allowing instead
of fanning the situation with the heat of
your emotions and reacting to the reaction.

There is great power in recognizing and
acknowledging the feelings to the best of
your ability. Although, admittedly, it's not
likely to be the easiest thing to do, that
action will likely help diffuse the effects
of the explosion.

If you do that for someone else, it will be
a gift that is likely to be invaluable. Do
it for yourself, and you may be able to keep
yourself from saying or doing something
you may later regret.

It would be good to take moments like that
as an opportunity to look at inner pains
and issues. It is never easy, but just
because we refrain from doing that, it doesn't
mean those things won't affect us, and often
it can adversely affect those we love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment