Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, July 2, 2010

On making Tough Choices | Have you ever noticed...

that when you "know" that something is the
"right" thing to do, there is a wonderful
sense of inner calm?

Many times confusion comes when our head
(the BIG one) gets involved. It tries to analyze,
make risk assessments, determinations. It decides
what it wants, and sometimes even goes about
manipulating others to get it. Sometimes what's
in our head isn't even ours at all. It belongs to
other people, and we just didn't realize how we
came to act upon it as though it was our own.

All the while, the heart and soul - the core
of who you are - is screaming, "NOOOO!!!"

See how there might be a conflict? confusion?

Our unconscious mind often wants the familiar,
and it will appear comfortable in its familiarity.
However, often that will be the only way that it
will be comfortable. When we make choices, it's
like a magnet is calling us back where we were.

The stronger the "pull" often the stronger the
reason to step back and check in with your gut.

I once read about a principle, and I can't
remember what it was called. However the essence
was that when we want to make a change, there will
be things that will happen that will call us back
to where we were, kinda like a test. Do we really
want to make the change?

In addition, if you want to make a change, it is
likely that who you are is no longer who you once
were, or want to remain to be. If "like attracts
like," after a while if your energy changes, or
wants to change, it will no longer fit the situation
you were in, and it calls for you to make a change.

I have had times when I have had my "magnetic"
moments, and often the things that I did (that
often were at odds with how I "felt," often confusing
my thoughts with feelings) often got me into a worse
predicament.

I think the reason for that is sometimes we are
meant to move on and/or make changes, and when we
drag our feet, the "powers that be" will make our
life increasingly difficult, hoping that we will
come to the conclusion we were meant to all along.

I tell you this because so often someone will call
me, and they're in a situation in which they can
identify with these ideas and thoughts. Logically
they may get it, but making the choice to act upon
it isn't always easy. However, awareness is the
first step to being able to make those much needed
movements in your life.

The "gut" of you is a part of you, and it needs to
be listened to and respected. When it isn't, it
will seek out ways to be heard. Sometimes it can
even create physical symptoms and situations. Ever
notice when you have issues how you might have an
accident or hurt yourself? Or your head hurts? Or...

It might be time to step back and listen to that
part of you that is desiring to take you where it
knows you want to be. Once you can surrender to
yourself in that way, you may wind up breathing a
deep sigh of relief, knowing you have done the right
thing for yourself, and no longer have to struggle
with making someone else happy or living up to another's
expectations (including an older version of you that
might be in the process of being replaced). You may
even be surprised at the joy and love and peace that
will come your way as a result.

Sometimes it might be good to get a helping hand
to sort things out, and if I can be of some help,
please do let me know. Conversation alone may be
beneficial, however, sometimes it helps to get the
conscious part of you out of the way a bit to figure
things out. Times like that hypnosis can be quite
helpful.


Have a great day (and here's to you and the power
of your gut!)

No comments:

Post a Comment