Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

John Lennon & Lady Gaga | Things aren't always what they seem | Video

Thanks to a controversy that includes Lady Gaga and a piano
once owned by John Lennon
, I was led to this song and video.



I hadn't heard it in a long time. It is a beautiful and profound
song, and it is a wee bit ironic in my mind that there is a
controversy that some of this visionary's fans are creating
over something that seems inconsequential. I say "seems"
because everything is truly relative.

However, when you admire someone enough to "stand up"
to something you think doesn't honor the person, wouldn't
it seem to make sense that you'd honor his message? If his
fans honored his inclusive perspective, I am fairly certain
there'd be no room for a controversy like this.

Having said that...

Even though this may seem like a "little" thing to some, it
seems to be important for some reason. It would be easy
to disregard the brouhaha as something worth "fighting"
for/about when viewing the broad spectrum of world
events, happenings, and concerns.

The thing is, though, odds are these people are RE-acting,
and not to what they think they're reacting to. There is likely
some internal mechanism/trigger that they're responding to
that has nothing to do with Gaga, and it likely would be
worth finding out what it is.

At least then those people would be fighting for something
that truly matters - to them, instead of being distracted by
some outside stimulus. The only problem is, most don't
realize that the things we think upset us are often only
superficial representations of something deeper and much
more personal and, even if they did know, they may not
want to go there.

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment