Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Playboy, Jesus and the Naked Women

Apparently Playboy in Portugal has gone too far.

The cover of a recent issue shows "Jesus" with
a naked, tattooed model. Inside the issue
apparently there are other models and pictures
as well.


It was supposed to somehow be a "tribute" to
a novel about the life of Jesus. I don't know
what the novel was, and I have no idea how the
idea was conceptualized, however, I find the
reaction intriguing.

Jesus supposedly loved everyone. He was also
a man. I don't know the Bible well enough to
know if there was ever talk about him having
sex (somehow doubt that there was), but does
that mean there wasn't any? and there are
stories about him and Mary. (If you find the
idea intriguing, there is a book called
I Remember Union that is a beautiful, well
written and poetic story. However, I warn you
that those who have the most strict of Christian
beliefs would likely be appalled by the story
and its message).

I also find the tattooed woman interesting,
because she has "marks." How many times are
those with "marks" outcast.

I realize I might be going to places that were
possibly unintended, or maybe deeper than most
would consider. However I am always trying to
look at things in various ways, and it can
sometimes create unique perspectives.

I have to wonder why religion and sexuality
often have to be split down the middle. If
one believes in a God, why wouldn't they
believe that S/He wanted his/her people to
enjoy one another? There is something very
beautiful in a mind/body/spirit connection,
and you can't have it without the body's
participation.

Of course, there will be explanations for why
this is, and if it empowers someone, I am all
for it. However not all things empower all
people, despite what other people may believe
or say to the contrary.

Some will tell you strawberries are good for
you, and that you should eat them regularly,
but anyone who is severely allergic to them
could eat one and be hurt or die. I realize
it isn't quite the same, but I do believe
the essence of it works for comparison.

We may all be human, but we all are individuals
trying to share an experience of life.
Experiences and results will vary, whether we
want them to, or not. The more we try to force
something, the more likely someone or a bunch of
someones is going to suffer.

A person should stand up for what he believes in.
At the same time, might the world be a better
place if the stand was more observational in
nature than judgmental? Others will always believe
differently than we do. I'd say how we interact
with those of differing beliefs is almost more
important than the belief itself.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment