Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ever have one of those days?


(click image for wallpaper size)

Yesterday was an interesting day for me.

At one point I was out and about in the nice, hot day
and appreciating the sight of the mountains, the sun,
the beauty that was around me.

I noticed the flowers, everything just seemed so
bright, and so beautiful. I found myself in a state
of gratitude that was quite profound, and is not
often present enough.

I got to thinking about how we get caught up in our
life, and how easy it is to focus on the things that
disappoint us, frustrate us, bring us down. It's
kinda like the "gorilla effect" video I previously
posted.

Then last night I had a dream about someone I had
been in a relationship with, someone who has been
out of my life for quite some time. I got to see in the
dream something I never saw before. Even though we
weren't good together, and likely were meant to part,
I got to see him in a different light, and found myself
grateful for the perspective.

I spoke previously about a couple of guys admitting
that they realized some perspective in regard to
what they lost in relation to me
, and I found myself
addressing my new perspective in an email with the
person in my dream. I have to wonder sometimes
what perfection is in cases like this. Some would
likely think perfection meant something working
out, but maybe it sometimes comes in the form of
something that doesn't look so perfect, but is better
than we can imagine. The gift of perspective is invaluable.

I have no desire to go back. I have no desire to find
the me that once was. I have no desire to be a new
me in an old context.

However, the beauty is the perspective allows me to
be a better me now, and to move forward, and for
that I am extremely grateful.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment