Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Guy Walks Across America. Well, not quite. | Video

I thought this an interesting video, and
likely one fun to shoot. Editing must have
been a bear.

They actually RV'd themselves across the
country, with an occasional shot here and there.

I wonder if it's like how some of us experience
life. We go along, and see things, but the
ones we truly pay attention to are the ones
that we "shoot" along the way.

I am sure there was much more to the trip, but
it isn't covered in the resulting video. Does
that mean it didn't happen? Or wasn't important?

Not likely. It just isn't what was chosen to
be remembered by the "memory" created by the
maker of the video.

Interesting, too, that something that likely took
hours and days was whittled down to a mere 1:53.
How many parts of our life are either excluded by
choice or necessity? How many parts are the ones
we value enough to retain? What determines what
stays or what goes?

How many times do we make absolute statements like
"guy walks across America" about events that only
appeared to take place, and contain only partial
information?

As the maker of your videos, how do you make your
edits? What do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment