Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, July 16, 2010

I love you, too - but...

"I love you, too - but I don't like you all the time."

It's what a young child said in a video.

We could all use a little of that balance.

How often is it that people think that when they
love someone that they have to like them, and
if they don't like them, then they think they don't
love them?

What might be helpful is to consider breaking
apart the action from the person. When one
does that, it isn't the person you aren't liking,
but rather the things that s/he does.

Often we'll treat someone like their actions and
who they are are one in the same, but it is a
distinction that is often missed.

I may not enjoy how some new callers approach
me, and I could say all kinds of things about
them, but it's the approach that I am likely to
take issue with, not with them themselves.

Big difference.

Btw, someone read my entry about guys who
call with a "do me" attitude, and thought I
might have meant him. I'd like to clarify that
I meant someone I have never spoken to
before who calls me for a first time, and
likely wants me to be done in 10 minutes,
or less.

I never mind when someone who is a regular
wants a quickie...I even suggest them!

However there is a difference between someone
I've established some sort of dynamic and
rapport with and someone who just comes
at me.

I hope that clarifies for anyone else who may
have had those thoughts.

Until we meet again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment