Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Real or Fake? | Site

I just saw an article in the New York Times
about Christmas trees
. It seems to make
the case that real trees in many cases are
the best option when being "green."

I find it interesting to consider the things
we are told. The article mentions how some
would say that a fake tree is better for the
environment because it is saving a real tree,
and it could be a convincing argument, except
for the fact that fake trees take energy to
make and have not so good chemicals in them.

I would imagine it is difficult sometimes to
know what the best or right thing is to do,
however I find that the farther away something
is from "natural," (as in what came into being
without us messing with it) the less likely it
would seem to be a good thing, in many cases.
I'd like to say all, but have no way of knowing
if that would be accurate, so I can only
speculate based on the things that are presented.

Of course, arguments can be made for almost
anything, but I do wonder why (beyond money)
we'd want to argue for something that even
remotely seems to be harmful.

The above article reminds me of the website
StoryofStuff.com. Have you ever seen it?
If you have the time, check it out. It'll
give ya something to nibble on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment