Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Are you really needed? (and making an effort to change)

Here is an old "essay" that has
no author that I know of. The
original spoke of a typewriter
(you know...the predecessor to
the computer? The original ones
didn't even need electricity to
work...) but I decided to update
it a bit.

It may be a little corny, and
when you're having a bad time
it's likely very little can
help...but at those times,
some of the times, even the
smallest of things can make a
difference and/or help.

So...with the best of intentions,
here it is:

Am I really needed?

Xvxn though my computxr kxyboard
is an old onx, it works wxll,
xxcxpt for onx of thx kxys. I'vx
wishxd many timxs that it workxd
pxrfxctly. Trux, thxrx arx 42
kxys that function, but onx kxy
not working makxs thx diffxrxncx.

Somxtimxs, it sxxms to mx that
our organizaion is somxwhat likx
my kxyboard - not all thx pxoplx
arx working pxrfxctly. You might
say, "Wxll, I'm only onx pxrson.
It won't makx much diffxrxnce."
But you sxx, an organization, to
bx xfficixnt, nxxds the activx
participation of xvxry pxrson.
Thx nxxt timx you think your
xfforts arxn't nxxded, rxmxmbxr
my kxyboard, and say to yourself,
"I am a kxy pxrson, and thxy
nxxd mx vxry much."

Whew! Geez...that was hard to
type!

Intxrxsting um, Interesting how
our mind works. If you are used
to spelling a word, your fingers
seem to, too. It took great
effort to replace the spellings
I know.

Remind you of anything?

Kinda like when we want to make
changes to the things we know
about ourselves. Sometimes it
takes great effort.

I'd like to think my efforts
were worth it, just like any
changes you may feel you want
to make about yourself, and
persistence can pay off.

In case you don't know it,
hypnosis can help the rewiring
process, and what seems so
difficult at first might seem
almost effortless after a
hypnotic session, or two.

As always, a thought to consider.
Hopefully it's not as painful as
it was for me to type the above
couple of paragraphs. LOL.

Have a good night.
 

3 comments:

  1. as always very perceptive perhaps it is time for me to start new year right with a session or two

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to type on a manual (non-electric) typewriter.

    When I used to practice playing my drums I learned that often the first day or two on something new were very hard but amazingly after the initial practices my hands would suddenly know exactly what to do. I think that there is definitely subconcious learning in learning to play music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love speaking with you funguy.

    Many things have a subconscious component Soirbh62. I forget what entry it was, but I was talking about my experience with Guitar Hero. There seem to be pathways that get forged in our minds that help us to do the things we do.

    For the "good" things, it is great. For the not so "good" things, it is not so great. However being mindful and aware of the possibilities leaves us open to making changes if we feel the need to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete