Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, December 31, 2010

On Procrastination & New Year's Resolutions

Since we are on the verge of a
New Year, and many may be considering
making New Year's Resolutions I
thought the following information
may be of interest/of assistance.

There is a program by Nightingale-
Conant called The Science of Self
Discipline by Kerry L. Johnson
.

It, like many of the company's
offerings is helpful in what it
has to offer. If you think it
might be of interest to you,
Nightingale's offers are risk
free, so if you aren't happy,
or feel there hasn't been a
benefit you can return their
products.

The particular piece that I
wanted to point out was on
PROCRASTINATION.

According to Kerry,
Procrastination is
a focus on the pain
of a situation.

It may include some
self doubt or a feeling
that there is not
enough information.

What Kerry suggests is
that you shift your
focus to the PLEASURE
of the DESIRED OUTCOME.

How would it feel to
complete what you are
delaying?

Once you know how it
will feel, he suggests
that you turn up the
feelings of pleasure
by enhancing how you
see that completion
through your senses.

He also suggests that
one could just do
something about the
issue immediately -
just enough to "feel
good about it."

Recognizing what you
are battling is important,
because when you recognize
the core issue you are able
to address it.

As long as you are focused
on the thing you aren't doing
and not what is attached to
it, you may not get very far.

Once you figure out what the
issue has to do with - such
as a need for more info -
you can proceed to figure
things out and move forward.

If it has to do with self
doubt, then you address that
(I am sure hypnosis could
help with that part, should
you be so inclined to use
the option).

I wish you a wonderful day
and night if you are still
in 2010, and a marvelous 2011
when you get there. (Should
anyone reading this be there
already, maybe you can tell
me how the New Year's looking!)

All the best to you,
Isis
 

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the effectiveness of Nightingale-Conant's products in general (to the point where I regularly give "Lead the Field" as a gift), and to that program in particular. I still listen to it occasionally as a kind of booster shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One suggestion I might make for those looking for an effective new year's resolution is to not make your resolution on new years. Instead wait; it's easy to say you're going to do something when you're a way's away from doing it. Try living up to that resolution of exercising on a regular basis (for instance) as soon as you're in front of some exercise equipment. Resolute to doing something in the moment more, and see about sticking with it from there.

    I once heard someone say "We plan ahead, and that way we don't do anything right now." It only made sense once I procrastinated on something and remembered the quote. Try a different strategy this year; it just might work out for you.

    ReplyDelete