Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Too hot? Really? Where is the Line? | Video


Apparently this ad has been banned
for being too sexual. Some talked
about the sound effects, and pointed
to the fact that you can hear them
at any tennis match.

I am going to guess it is more than
the sound effects that got it banned
(although I can't imagine why),
however I got to thinking about how
context can make a difference, and
how context is what can bring on a
potentially unconscious reaction.

What is really behind people's
objections to this ad
? It is
very unlikely that it is as stated,
as it very rarely is. It reminds
me a bit of the commercial with
a fuller figured woman.

There seem to be inconsistencies
in what seems to be OK, but if
everything was analyzed, I bet
there would be consistency of
some sort, and it would likely
be one that collectively we likely
were told was of the "OK" type.

Where is the line? Anywhere
those with the most influence
wants it to be, I suspect.

What do you think of the video?
I actually think it's pretty
cool - especially the last line.
:)
 

2 comments:

  1. As a fan of femdom/erotic hypno, opinions, and a gamer, this commercial and its' banning has me in an interesting postion, perspective-wise. Overall, like most people I say by comparison, the banning wasn't necessary. This smacks a lot like what YT has done with several Isis videos - much more graphic, questionable things reside there, but something more subtly suggestive, stylized, clever, and overall pleasing is targeted and removed.

    As a gamer and semi-tennis fan, I have to applaud some of the elements of the video. Lots of subtle symbolisis there - the fire representative of the players becoming heated from effort, the moaning found both in eroticism and tennis, and the fact that very attractive women play.

    For those arguing "censorship is just because this targets children (during the time children's shows are scheduled)." If television stations do actually show this commercial around Dora, anything Nickelodian, or daytime Cartoon Network, then yes, it's too much for children's eyes in my opinion. But then it goes back to the argument of "kids can see worse on any channel, and that by comparison is tame/mild." Also, as a gamer, I know Top Spin is rated E for Everyone, but their core demographic is Teen and Mature. Anyone can play the game, but it's a simulation game made moreso for adults who want a close-to-real tennis-playing experience; there are plenty of kids sports games that kids want to buy anyway. And even if this commercial reached a kid, made them ask their parents for it, and they get it, none of the racy elements from the commercial would be there; it'd be like bikini-clad women selling what you might think is a beer from the content, and you end up buying what's actually root beer.

    In the end, good decision in that of Serena Williams and the makers of the commercial, bad decision in that of the FCC's decision. And in case it goes unnoticed, please remember what Serena said at the end of the commerical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, my grandparents found a song that I listened to to be something they thought was terrible for me to be exposed to as a child. I never understood their objection - and they never explained.

    As an adult, I heard the song, and a light bulb went off...I, as adult, knew exactly what was being said, but as a child I had no clue...I just enjoyed it for what it was.

    Unless children know something is erotic and/or sexual, odds are they wouldn't view things like this in the same way adults would. I kinda think they might not know what to think - or just enjoy it for what it appeared to be - two women playing a game of tennis. Of course, I could be wrong, but my own experience makes me think I could be right.

    Adults see and hear more because they know there is more to hear and see.

    Thanks for your comment, me-chan.

    ReplyDelete