Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Random Thought

Is the only time you are willing
to listen to someone when they
are saying what you want to hear?

This seemingly random thought
occurred to me today, and it
seems to me an interesting one.

It seems it can go a few of
different ways:

If a person is very different
than you are, then listening
to him/her could possibly be
a negative experience that
could be unhealthy and unhelpful.

On the other hand, listening
to someone speak what you want
to hear could keep you locked
within whatever confines you
are in, and perhaps further
limit your world.

Another way to look at it
could be that you know who
you are and what you do and
what you want, and those
around you - and the messages
you hear - help to reinforce
the path you are on, or want
to be on.

I suppose it isn't so much
if you do it, as much as
why you do it and what the
ultimate effect is, and if
it is one that you want and
can live with.

Hmmm.

Your thoughts?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment