Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, October 7, 2010

So you think you know...do you?

Recently someone told me that he didn't
know what to tell someone in regard to
a situation, and he was quite frustrated
because it was apparent that the other
person wanted to talk.

I asked if he knew what the other person
wanted to talk about, and he had some
idea, and speculated about what the
details could be. Based on what he
speculated, he wasn't sure what could
be said.

The fact was while he had some idea, he
didn't really KNOW what the other person
would say, and because of that he truly
didn't know that he didn't know what to
say. Had he been willing to have a
conversation with the person (and at the
time he wasn't) he might have discovered
that he would uncover exactly what needed
to be said because the interaction with
the other person would have brought to
the conversation whatever needed to be
discussed.

The interaction would have been like
a scientific experiment. It would
have brought two things together into
something with a different characteristic
than the two things have when separate.
Not knowing what that would be (as organic
as situations like that can be), one
could only guess at what might be the
outcome, and quite possibly be incorrect.

It is interesting to think we know things
when we really don't. Even more interesting
is to jump into these situations with an
open mind and without any particular
expectation. One never knows what can
happen in cases like that. Granted, that
is the fear that holds people back, but is
also the possibility of something wonderful,
as well.

So the next time you think you know something
and it holds you back or frustrates you,
consider that you may not know anything at all,
or that what you "know" is taking you to the
wrong destination because the information (or
interpretation of the information) is faulty.

For those of you who are perfectionists
and/or those of you who have to have
everything figured out, this will quite
possibly be a challenge to do. I promise
you, though, if you listen to your heart
and let it lead it will help out that head
of yours, should you be willing to take
the leap.

By the way, I know *wink* what I am talking
about, as I used to be one of those types
of people. I still have my moments, but
I have been amazed how walking into a
situation without everything figured out
can net some wonderful results.

As always, just a little something to
consider as you wind your way through life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment