Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, October 4, 2010

"I don't know"

Sometimes people say they don't know about
something. They don't know what the thing
to do is. They don't know their feelings
on someone or something. They don't know...

Interestingly enough, in my experience it
often isn't that these people don't know.
It's that they don't want to know because
of all of the things that come attached to
knowing, and whatever needs to happen (or
what might appear to need to happen) as a
result.

Saying "I don't know" is a way to seem to
stay safe. Problem is, you can't really
stay there for long. Sooner or later those
things you try to avoid acknowledging will
nudge you, and make you feel like you want
to do something about it. Sometimes they
can have a life of their own when pushed
down, and blow up in a time and way you
don't expect.

So the next time you say "I don't know,"
if you're brave enough, consider asking
yourself what it is that you do know and
what it is that you are wanting to avoid.

You don't have to do anything about it, but
at least it won't be nagging you from the
closet of your mind.
 

2 comments: