Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, October 18, 2010

Separation of Church & State | Eloquent Kennedy | Video

In the last couple of days I have been watching
a PBS Series called God In America. There is
so much to say about the series, and once I
have completed watching, I will be posting about
it and my experience of it.

In the meantime, in viewing it, I became aware
of the talk below. I thought it eloquent and
very clear in its communication. Many of our
problems, it would seem, come from meanings we
have created and recreated over the years, but
more on that as soon as I can sort out my
thoughts on the series.

If you watch the video below, as always I would
love to know your thoughts. Many like to think
they know where to draw lines, but I have to
wonder what they are basing their choices on
and, if indeed, it is in the interest of the
many or if it really is just for a few.

1 comment:

  1. Good message Ted Kennedy has of where Religioin & Politics stand, and probably will stand as long as this country exists. Interestingly enough, there's probably more to fear about the similarities of, rather than the differences of both. Both religion and Politics are dependant on people, subject to change, govern over nearly everything in our lives, and allow for costly punishments. Combining every element of the two makes it quite voliatile. I do wonder if "God in America" will ever reach some sort of conclusionary statement or end-all position.

    My own stake in this is the more there's a distance (and tolerance) between God (whosever) and politics, the better. There's always an exception, but fairness and consideration for everyone should be the goal; everyone does have their own perpsective on what they believe in.

    ReplyDelete