Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, October 29, 2010

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!! | Manipulation

Ever since I have been learning more about
language in my role as a hypnotist, I have
found myself much more aware of when people
are talking to me in a manipulative way.

Just now I got a call wanting to pitch me
a vacation. I immediately said I wasn't
interested. But then, the person wanted
to at least tell me what I was saying no
to. She offered me a short version.

Since I knew she had a job to do, I thought
I would at least humor her. The way that
the offer was worded was so manipulative,
and didn't even sound like an offer. The
way it was worded there were certain inherent
assumptions.

I laughed.

She asked what was so funny (I could tell
from her tone she didn't get the "humor").
I told her that I was a hypnotist and was
aware of NLP and how a lot of what she was
saying was assumptive. She seemed to have
no idea what I was saying.

I bet she was just reading a script, and
had no idea that she was reading was
manipulative in nature (at least I'll give
her the benefit of the doubt, as many
wouldn't recognize it, either).

At that point there was no point in continuing,
so I politely extracted myself, wished her a
great day, and hung up the phone.

I know there was a time I wasn't aware like I
am now, and was drawn in by how these people
speak. Many times I wasn't happy with my
decision because it wasn't what I really
wanted. I was just manipulated into it.

You can often tell when you are manipulated
into something when you are one, not happy
with your decision and/or two, find yourself
justifying your choice(s).


So the next time you are feeling uncomfortable
with a conversation, take a step back and
consider what is happening. While there could
be many reasons for how you feel, one of them
could be that the person is consciously (or
unconsciously) trying to manipulate you. If
you do that, you may be less likely to react
what is happening or being said.

It is one thing to ask to be manipulated
(such as in the erotic hypnotic world). It
is a totally different other thing when
someone comes along and does it for their
own benefit, and your potential detriment.

Of course, they'll never say it that way,
and of course it's always a good thing for
you...and that is just part of the potential
manipulative ploy that is being played.

Not all things are manipulation, but being
aware and conscious are two things that can
help prevent regret by declining actions
that may not be the right ones for us, in
the face of someone nudging us in a direction
we may not want to go.

At least erotic manipulation can be
wonderfully pleasant with the right
person (Isis). :D

(Can I just say one more time - YUCK!!!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment