Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jon Stewart: A Beacon of Sanity? | Video

Ask Men says that Jon Stewart is
the Most Influential Man of 2010.

I'd like to say (as odd as that
may seem to some) that is good
news, given what is being
expressed by him.

He has some very wise words that
I think have a balanced, sane
sound to them. It is a message
that I can only hope that people
can hear.

Today he had a rally in DC, and
I thought some of what he had to
say quite profound. The video
below has his closing words.

Two quotes of particular note
for me were:

"If we amplify everything,
we hear nothing."

"The inability to distinguish
terrorists from Muslims makes
us less safe, not more."

I like how he breaks things apart
that have been unhelpfully
collapsed together.

If you haven't seen it, consider
taking the time and watching/
listening and see what you
might get from it, and share
with others.

He mentions nothing of hypnosis,
and yet what he describes is
hypnosis in action. When we
are hypnotized, we are paying
attention to what the hypnotist
wants us to see and experience.
As a result, our experience
becomes limited by the hypnotist's
focus, awareness, and direction.

(Interesting to note that the
first letter of each one of those
words creates the word FAD: defined
by Wikipedia "as any form of
behavior that develops...and is
collectively followed with
enthusiasm for some period..."
It's generally considered fleeting,
and is considered an alternative to
a trend which is more enduring.)

And it would seem these days that
we as a culture are quite
mesmerized, and not necessarily
by the things that do us good.

I am glad to see someone who is
doing and saying things that can
empower and engage doing his
best to awaken those in trance.

Things that happen in trance can
become real life realities if
reinforced over time. Good
hypnosis becomes who you are,
and is no longer what you do.

It might be good if all of the
"insanity" that Jon believes has
been present is more of a fad
than a trend. But only time
will tell. I know I am voting
for a fad.

What about you?

What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment