Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Patapsco Park | Images

What a purrfect day it was today.

It was a gorgeous fall day, and I went
to Patapsco Park in Ellicott City, Maryland.


I love things from the colonial times, and
found the history of the area to be interesting,
and quite beautiful. I am glad to see places
that we actually preserve instead of tear down
and tear apart.


I walked a good part of the Union Dam Trail,
however a piece is closed currently due to
construction (don't know about you, but that
sounds kinda funny to me, given that it is
a trail).


Interestingly, in the middle of my hike, I
got a call from NF. It was so perfect.
Here I was in a gorgeous environment, and
was able to bring the caller into it with me.

At first he offered to call back, but I
thought as long as we could hear each other,
the environment was a perfect confluence of
events. No one else was around, and it was
awesome.

I found myself meditative during my walk.
Not only was I amazed my phone rang in the
middle of the woods, I thought it amazing
that we have such incredible capability
that our predecessors could never have
imagined.

I also was "appreciating fall." I know
that may sound strange, but when I left the
east coast, I had no idea how much I was
going to miss facets of the climate. I
was paying attention to the smallest of
details. I noticed that even though the
colors of the fallen leaves looked brown,
there were actually so many beautiful
colors to see when really looked at.

I also got to thinking about other things,
which included how so many would likely
see these things I saw and think nothing
of them, or think about how they have to
rake the leaves. They likely wouldn't
have the same appreciation that my absence
brought me.

So many times we are told to pay attention
to the things in our lives and value them,
and so many times they are easily taken
for granted. One easy way to stop taking
something for granted? Leave it behind.
If it is something that you don't ultimately
lose forever, and can go back to it, you will
possibly find that you savor it more than
ever.

I am cold today, almost shivering. Not
sure the last time I felt this way, and in
a turtleneck and jeans, none-the-less.
And you know what? I LOVE it!

Hopefully if you value something you won't
have to leave it behind - and risk losing
it - to enjoy what it gives you. However,
if you take something for granted, nature
may have a way of reminding you to pay
attention...it seems to do that sometimes.

The sky was so beautiful today, and I got
some gorgeous pics I may have to share
at some point, if there's an interest.

As I was leaving, I was trying to get a
pic of the sky and drive at the same time
(not a terribly great idea, really, but
still...) and got the picture below. I
thought it kind of interesting, so I
thought I would share.


Still available and taking calls, so if
you're missing me, I am as close as your
phone. I'd love to hear from you.


Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to
find me in an interesting place, as well.

Talk to you soon, Isis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment