Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ever Wondered...Why is This Happening to Me Again? (If so, read this)

Dr Michael Ryce wrote a book called,
"Why is This Happening to Me...Again?!"
that you might find of interest
(click the title to read the comments
on Amazon).

It is easily found online at WhyAgain.com
(for free!).

When I was first told about this book,
I read a few pages, and then it got
put down for a whole year - until the
person who referred it the first time
mentioned it again.

At that point, I decided I probably
should pick it up again, and the second
time I couldn't read it fast enough.

Funny how things like that go sometimes.
It just goes to show that when one is
ready to receive a message, it is
received. Try to force feed something,
and it doesn't work so well, make much
sense, is often argued against, and/or
does not stick.

At least - in my experience.

I've been going through things lately,
and this book popped up again so I
thought I would share it here. I have
told some about it already, so perhaps
this will be their reminder to read it
(if they need one :P)

Two things that stuck out as I just
flipped through the book that I thought
would be helpful/appropriate to share
here are:

"Love, in Aramaic, does not mean
cooperate with and help the person
who is beating up on you. It does
not mean accept every atrocity with
a smile and pretend that all is well
when it is not. Love does not mean
that you don't hold people accountable
for their behavior. Love is not a
passive state of suppressing your
anger so you look like a saint.
"

and...

"...the story of the old man on his
deathbed who was asked for the secret
to happiness. The old man is said
to have replied, 'For years and years
I searched for what people told me
would make me happy, and then I
decided to be happy without it.'
Happiness is a state of mind, a choice
we make, not a result of possessing
things or being in control of people
or circumstances. People often use
the sensation that comes from possessing
things as a substitute for happiness,
for relationship and as a way of not
dealing with their internalized pain.
"

He talks about life's frustrations in
very tangible and helpful ways.

If you are feeling like you are facing
a situation faced before (and are not
happy about it), I highly recommend
that you check the book out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment