Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's About Money, Honey (?)

A few years ago I was reading a book
called The Tao of Abundance.

In the book the author mentions how
someone was approved for a home
equity load of $23,000. Due to a
typo, he wound up getting $230,000.

(Apparently this happened a fairly
long time ago, as this story would
be unlikely to happen now.)

It took a while for the bank to
catch on, but in the meantime,
he was out spending the money,
buying properties and increasing
his net worth.

I was reminded of this story when
I saw the following video:


I share this with the thought
that inherent in these stories
are answers that can (depending
on the details) be rife with
Ifs, Ands, Buts, and a bunch of
issues.

When we restrict things, it
restricts other things. When
creditors make problems for those
with problems instead of working
with them, it only makes more
problems.

There has to be a way to incorporate
the learnings from things like this
to make the world a place that can
expand and help others instead of
contracting and being hurtful.

There will always be people who will
try to take advantage and game the
system, and they'll be the ones we'll
hear about. However there will also
be people like those above who will
have integrity around what they do,
and make a difference for themselves
and others in the process.

I don't know about you, but I think
the good still outweighs the bad
when it comes to things like this,
and I'd say the risks we take are
well worth the possible exponential
and positive rewards.

"Money is the seed of money."
- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Of course we can find ways to make
a difference without there having
to be money involved in the exchange.
However in cases where it might be
necessary, consider the good it is
capable of doing if it can be made
available.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment