Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, August 1, 2011

Treating the Symptom

I saw a news story last night about a
woman in Santa Monica who spends 20 minutes
a day cleaning up a stretch of the beach.

Apparently she has spurred others to act,
and the amount of trash collected is...
A LOT!

You can see this woman's blog The Daily Ocean here.
You can see the news story about The Daily Ocean here.

While what I think is being done is great,
what would be even greater is if somehow
the cause was able to be addressed in a
way that would impact others to be more
careful about what they leave behind -
if anything, at all.

Interaction with symptoms are reactions.

Not to say we shouldn't react, but what
can we do to prevent the need for reaction
in the first place? This (obviously?) goes
for more than just a beach cleanup.

When we stop reacting we have more time
to enjoy what we want to do. Perhaps
this woman's passion for a clean beach
will spur on something that will
interact with the cause, in which case
she'll have to find something else to do
those 20 minutes a day.

I don't imagine
she would mind.

How much of life do we spend being at the
effect of something we don't want rather than
being at the cause of something we do want?


I hope your week is off to a great start!

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment