Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Domination without hypnosis is SAFE, isn't it?

I can not tell you how many people I have
spoken to over the course of the last
several years who have had experiences
with Dommes that resemble hypnosis.

Many times they think they're safer than
speaking with a hypnotist. But what they
do not realize is that a Domme often is
using hypnotic technique - whether s/he
realizes it or not.

I have had people tell me that subspace
is not hypnosis. The fact is that it is
either a hypnotic state in and of itself,
or it is the result of one. Either way,
the effects can be equally effective,
no matter how you get there.

I have even known of cases where Dommes
have poo-poo'd hypnosis only to turn
around and claim that they are doing
hypnosis. There was also a case of
a Domme who was affecting someone who
I had spoken to many times. From what
he described, what she did was very
hypnotic. She later came out and said
that she had been using hypnosis
covertly for quite some time.

Before I was a hypnotist with training,
I had been told how hypnotic I was.
I guess some are just more natural
than others - as I was never trying
to be hypnotic, but only being myself.

Imagine those who discover that something
works. They don't know how; they just
know that it does. Are they going to
care what name it goes by?

Probably not.

I tell you this because while there may
be some who are looking to play with
fire, there are some of you who would
rather not. That is why you might think
you are safer staying away from a hypnotist.

If you have nothing more at stake than
your own personal well being that is one
thing (which should NOT be underestimated),
but if what you wind up doing can hurt
those you love, the potential consequences
are something you should likely be more
aware of/educated about.

Whenever I talk about things like this,
I often get an "audio eye roll." Some
people think it could never happen to them.
I know of cases where there were those who
were on the other end of the phone asking
for my help that were once of that school
of thought, as well.

The more subtle things often can be the
most impactful. If it is something you
want, that's one thing. But if it's not,
the possibility that you're gonna find
yourself in a whole heap of trouble
could be larger than you might believe
to be possible.

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:



 

1 comment:

  1. It's not so surprising that there can be subtle, yet powerful forms of hypnosis in a BSDM setting. It's probably even more dangerous there considering (and hopefully) most people looking to be hypnotized would know of the potential risks involved with suggestion and control. BSDM submissives may never see it coming, and pay way more than anticipated.

    Good blog, Isis. Serves as a good reminder on how you can find hypnosis in many places other than an intended session.

    ReplyDelete