Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How Isis Relates to Isis

I have been asked about the origin of the name
I use. As I have discussed before, when I was
considering names, there were things about Isis
that I felt fit me.

Every now and again I see new things that are
interesting to me, as I have to wonder if Isis
lives within me, or if we just happen to be
very much alike.

It is also interesting to me from the standpoint
of the other hypnotist who uses the Isis name,
but is nothing like her - or me. I guess it is
like with anything: we get to choose from the
myriad of possibilities of who we are and want to
be. We all have the same options, but we make
our own mix.

But back to me...

I love the idea that the Enchantress Isis of
lore and I stand for some amazing things.
The following is a list from Wikipedia.
The bolded (and red) items are the ones
that stand out for me.

In the Book of the Dead Isis was described as:
She who gives birth to heaven and earth
She who knows the orphan
She who knows the widow spider
She who seeks justice for the poor people
She who seeks shelter for the weak people
She who seeks the righteousness in her people

Some of Isis's many other titles were:
Queen of Heaven
Mother of the Gods
The One Who is All
Lady of Green Crops
The Brilliant One in the Sky
Star of the Sea
Great Lady of Magic
Mistress of the House of Life
She Who Knows How To Make Right Use of the Heart
Light-Giver of Heaven
Lady of the Words of Power
Moon Shining Over the Sea

The last bolded item is the one that stands
out the most to me. In everything that I do,
I am all about "heart."

What do you think? If you know me,
would you agree? What's your experience
of me? Comments below, or to me directly,
are always appreciated.

Thanks, and sweet dreams (day or night).
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I would agree. However, I do think the last two should also be in red:

    Lady of the Words of Power - because you certainly know the words, and boy are they powerful!

    Moon Shining Over the Sea - because that's a picture of serene beauty, as are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input/thoughts Tenker :)

    You are sweet as ever.

    Isis

    ReplyDelete