Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Venting...and perhaps something helpful

I have a friend who is a geek about technology.

He'll say things like, "just put the plug in the
socket," except the words will be something
that I am unfamiliar with. He says things
like I am supposed to know what he is talking
about.

Thankfully he is quite patient, and will work
with me and my limitations and quirks when
it comes to things technological.

The funny thing is recently he wanted to buy
curtains for various rooms in his house. He
went to the store, and he said the woman at
the store, he realized, was speaking to him
about curtains and rods and hooks the way
that he speaks to others about technology.

He was rather lost and overwhelmed.

It was good perspective for him to have that
experience, however he's had other experiences
that were similar, only to have forgotten what
it was like to be on the receiving end of "it's
so easy, all you do is..."

This is on my mind today as I have at various
times been on the receiving end of someone
who just "knows" how things should be, and
it's just so "easy" to make them the way they
envision, of course.

Of course...NOT. If it WAS that easy, then
people would be better able to do the things
that these self proclaimed experts believe
is the right thing to do.

I won't even question what the "right" thing
is, as it may not be. I'll even give them the
benefit of the doubt and say that their idea
is a sure-fire winner.

However, there are only so many things that
one person can do, and only so many of those
things that one person can be good at. There
comes a limit. There comes a time that you
either do nothing, or you do what you can.

I would say most people get stopped by the
fact that they can't do something perfectly,
so they don't do anything at all.

Interestingly, when one is willing to take
baby steps, they tend to build upon themselves.
It is amazing to me how that works. There
is much that I know now that I would have
been in disbelief about a few years back.
I would have thought some of the things I
know wouldn't have been within my scope
and reach.

However much I do know (and some think
I know a lot) there is a TON more that I don't.
As much as I would like to be grateful to those
who point out how I am insufficient, there is
a part of me that just isn't too happy about
it all.

It's kinda like that song in a previous entry,
King of Anything. If I don't ask, then maybe
I am doing what I can and am OK about it.
People are entitled to their opinions, but
it doesn't mean that their opinion suits me
or my circumstance.

Remember that when someone tries to tell
you what to do, or what s/he thinks is best.
Remember that sometimes you may know
better, or you may just be doing the best
you can and, if so, consider that it might
just be good enough - at least for the
moment.

Ok. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

LOL.

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment