Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Never Too Late...

Sometimes people think that because they're
in the midst of something, that is where
they need to remain. The reasons may vary
from need, financial, guilt, thinking there
is no other option, to feeling there is no
way out.

The fact is, even in the midst of the
darkness and confusion of situations like
that, there is always a way out.

It may not be as simple as turning on a
light switch, and it may involve some
fumbling in the dark, but there is always
a way to make other choices.

The problem sometimes comes when there are
things attached to the choices, and those
things can weigh as heavily as lead. It
makes it very difficult to move, but just
like any exercise (of sorts) it can work
out those muscles of inner growth and
awareness - only as long as you never give
up or give in to the misery that you might
be feeling.

One step at a time will bring you out of
the night and into the day...and if you
find someone who wants to help you out of
that dark, and you know that you can trust
him or her, let that person help. Sometimes
we need another person to be our eyes and
ears until we can see and hear clearly.

Help is never a sign of weakness. As a
matter of fact it is a sign of strength
to know when to ask for, or seek, or accept
another's help.

If you are unhappy, things can always change -
if you change them.

Yet another thing so much more easily said
than done...but I've been in some really
sucky places where I felt trapped and didn't
know how far down things would go (notice
the direction my thoughts were going in),
and I know how difficult and impossible a
change may seem.

But I am here today because those times were
transitory, and one step at a time I did what
I could, and without knowing what was possible
I came to a different place. Some of those
new places were pretty sucky too, lol...but
it seems that we like to learn while we are
caught up in the muck. Not sure why that is,
but some would say we wouldn't appreciate the
sun so much if we never had night.

I'd like to think we don't need it...but until
we get to that point I imagine we will continue
to find ourselves in the kinds of situations
that can suck so that we can appreciate the ones
that don't.
 

1 comment:

  1. Isis,

    Your observation is spot-on. One day at a time, one step at a time, will get you from one place to another. And if you take those steps with positive intent you'll more often than not come to places that feed your soul and make you smile.

    I've been there, done that and I've got the smile to prove it!

    Thank you, again, for being an agent of peace of mind and fun of spirit.

    Most kind regards,

    cdbtoo

    ReplyDelete