Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Language of Love

Everything about life is subject to interpretation,
and that includes the assignment of value to any
one thing.

There is a book called the Five Love Languages that
I have never read, but have heard much about.

According to the author the Languages are:
Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

It is interesting to me to consider this idea, as
I realized a year or two ago something about myself.

People are always telling me things, but it's the
people who DO things for me that really get my
attention. In Love Language terms, that would be
the "Acts of Service" category.

I appreciate all things, and it's those acts that
carry more weight for me, and ultimately mean more.

If you are in a relationship and your Love Language
varies from your partner, you might see how there
could be a problem. If the way you felt loved was
primarily through touch, and your partner rarely
touched you, it would be easy to see how there might
be some difficulty.

The thing is that the "problem" isn't so much a
problem as much as a difference in perspective.
Most people tend to try to give love in the way
they most appreciate receiving it.

When we can look at things as different as opposed
to problematic it gives people a chance to be able
to communicate. The thing is, though, sometimes
due to various factors, even the knowledge doesn't
always help or if it does, it helps people to
realize that it might not be in their best interest
to be together.

If you're interested where you fall in these
languages, you can find out an official answer
by a 30 question quiz. Odds are though you,
like me, probably already know the answer.

Let me know what you think.

Click here for the (free) quiz.
5 Love Languages Assessments
 

No comments:

Post a Comment