Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Best Deal You Could Ever Make?

There was a point in my life several years
ago in which I had to make a choice.

It was a tough choice for me to make. In
some ways, I would have been better off
making a different one than the one I chose.

However, the one really great thing that
came out of the results was a perspective
that I have never forgotten.

I had wondered at the time if I didn't
follow through if I would find myself
looking back with regret for a path not
chosen wondering what could have been.

I knew it was a situation that I did not
want to be in so I made myself the promise
that whatever happened I would never be
upset with myself about the choice I made.

Interestingly, despite all of the twists
and turns and upsets that came as a result,
I never once regretted my choice. I knew
it was something I just had to do.

I share this because I know sometimes others
find themselves in situations and don't know
what to do. Many times they're not easy ones.
There may be cases where the best option is
not to act, however, there are also likely to
be cases like mine where one small step not
taken would lead to a lifetime of questioning
and possible regret.

If you can make yourself a deal like the one
I made perhaps it will help you to do what you
feel you need to do. One clue that you might
want to act is if you have an inner battle
about the choice. Odds are there is something
that is trying to get you to pay attention.

The thing is, though, (as was my case) the
action isn't necessarily going to guarantee
you the outcome you want. But what it will
do is give you peace of mind that you are or
were doing the right thing for yourself when
you did it.

Countless people sit on their deathbeds spending
more time mourning what they didn't do than
what they did do. If something gnaws at you
find a way to interact with it that you can live
with, and consider doing something so that you
will never have to live with a pang of regret.

It was one of my best life lessons and one of
the best deals I ever made with myself. I am
happy to say I am more than OK with it now,
more so because I acted on it, and am not sitting
here wondering, "what if...?"

Perhaps it is a lesson that will be helpful
to you, too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment