Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Having a Rough Time? Maybe it's Time for a Change.

Someone I know has been having a rough
time lately. She has had some very
serious issues on the major fronts:
family, financial, health.

Recently she expressed her dismay and
even as she plowed forward couldn't
understand why she was so particularly
hard hit.

It was a tough moment to be a witness
to. In a moment like that there isn't
too much that could be said that could
be helpful because odds are it truly
couldn't be heard.

However the thing that occurred to me
after the fact, and the thing I would
very much like to say has to do with a
potential need for a change.

I know she thought that some things
that didn't happen were going to make
everything right with the world, so it
would be difficult to suggest that perhaps
the path she was on was trying to shake
her.

She has been living in an impossible
situation and has been unable to see
the forest for the trees. It is all
she knows, so it would be difficult
to know anything else.

However, when all we know seems to be
destroyed (or come close to destruction)
it seems that it might be a message that
is trying to get through, a message that
says "time for a change."

Whether or not that is "true" who the
heck knows? But the times in my life
when devastation appeared to strike,
there were things that came out of it
that were better than one might have
expected was possible.

As I write this, I am reminded of what I
heard recently about the Titanic.

Apparently when it hit the iceberg it just
kept going which forced it to take on
water faster than if it had just shut down
the engines. According to what was said,
it it had just shut down its engines and
stopped, more people on board may have
survived as it would have potentially
floated long enough for help to arrive.

It occurs to me that people can sometimes
be like that. Someone has a problem or
difficulty or conflict and instead of
taking what happens as a sign to slow or
shut down for a bit, they plow forward
which results in a bigger problem.

So...I present it as a possibility to
consider. The next time you are hit by
something less than desirable, consider
that it might be time to do something
else, even it is just to slow down enough
to consider other options instead of
plowing forward the way you always have.

Will it be easy? Ha! What do you think?
I know you already know the answer to
the question. But I bettcha easy or not,
it'll be better than you think - especially
when you get to the other side.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment