Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Human Moment

I just read about an arranged meeting between
mothers in Iraq who lost their children, and
American mothers who also lost their children
.

While the circumstances of the loss may vary,
all were mothers, and all lost a child due to
a form of violence. It sounded like the trip
had a profound impact on the women.

The best part for me was the connecting of one
human to another. It seems (even as the world
seems to grow increasingly smaller due to
communications and technology) we as world culture
are tending to less and less identify ourselves
with others and the human condition we all share.
In situations like that ignorance, disrespect,
violence are given free reign.

The more we can identify with others, the less
likely we will be to hurt them. However it
means - at least in some part - giving up the
label making machine that we are.

The labels that we use to unite us also have a
way of dividing us. I wonder what the Olympics
would look like if there were teams that weren't
based on one's country. What if there were teams
that consisted of members from varying countries?

I know it's a wild idea, and not likely one to
be supported any time soon, if ever. However,
this isn't really about anything specific. If
we could start looking at the bigger picture
more perhaps the world in which we live would be
a lot less scary and a lot more supportive place.

Just my couppla cents for the day.
Care to share yours?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment