Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, September 2, 2011

"You're too good..."

Last night I spoke with someone I haven't
spoken to in months. I'd even almost say
a couple of years. Not really sure when
we had our last communications, but it
has been a good, long while.

I have thought about this person more than
once, wondering how he was doing. It is
a typical thing for me, as I do not take
the dynamic I have with those who contact
me lightly.

There are some, like in this case, there
is a bit more wondering about. He was
someone I had spoken to several times,
and we seemed to connect well. But, one
day he pretty much disappeared.

I reached out a couple of times, but got
no response. I am not usually one to be
persistent when someone backs off, but
I do wonder what happened, and if they
are OK, so occasionally I might try to
connect to see what's up.

I did that again with this person recently,
and to my surprise there was a response.
It turned out that he was getting too
obsessed over me, and while wondering
why he felt that way, and trying to figure
out how to deal with it, backed off.

This isn't the first time I have heard of
this happening, and I am guessing it won't
be the last, despite the fact that I always
tell those affected by me to talk to me,
let me know what is going on so that we
can adjust things. Apparently he was
fighting himself for quite sometime. That
was a real bummer for me, and so unnecessary
for him.

While some hypnotists will encourage you
to keep going, I never will. If you tell
me you want to stop, it will stop. If you
tell me something isn't working for you,
we'll change it. What you tell me matters
to me, and not because I can use it to get
what I want, or because I will use it to
change your mind, or force things.

I know this is a bummer for some, as the
fantasy would dictate otherwise. However
the way I see it, the more energy you use
fighting what you feel for me, the less of
you the world gets to see. It can be
exhausting. He obviously won the battle,
but the battle never needed to occur in
the first place.

While saying this, sometimes I see how
things like this can be of benefit to a
person, as he will get to see something
about himself or about me in the process,
so maybe that is why it continues to happen,
despite my best efforts to avoid it.

This person seemed so happy to be back in
touch with me, and sounded almost relieved.
There can be lots of things that can be
built up in a person's mind when something
happens in isolation, and not all of it,
and likely very little of it, true.

When I say things to people who have never
had the types of experiences I describe, it
is difficult for them to conceptualize it
happening to them so often my words may be
disregarded. I share this with you in the
hope that if this ever does happen to you
you will remember me saying this and
consider talking to me about it.

You truly may be amazed at what can happen
as a result. Much of what happens when you
have been affected hypnotically is explained
in your unconscious, which is almost always
a mystery to the conscious part of you that
doesn't understand and struggles.

You can struggle if you want to, but might
it make more sense to put those energies
toward more pleasurable pursuits?

Have a great weekend.

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

2 comments:

  1. Was so delightful to see you again, and listen yur irresistible words, youre a wonderful hypnotist, and even better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS very awesome to reconnect.

    I am very glad we did.

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete