Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What do we really learn?

Here is another image from
Stuff No One Told Me.


We learn a lot in school we will never
use again. We learn a lot about the
superficial graces. It is, of course,
good to learn how to be polite, and
play together, and share, but the one
thing that really seems to be lacking
is how to truly implement it into a
world. We learn how to say the things
we meed to say to pass the grade or
the test. We learn how to get by. We
learn how to deny ourselves in the
process of getting along, rather than
bolstering ourselves in a way that
is supportive of ourselves and others.

Of course, it is not all school's "fault."
I'd rather even prefer to look at it less
in a fault vein and more in one that takes
other options and questions into consideration.
The "hypnosis" of school has been around a
long time, and I doubt that many see the forest
for the trees in this regard.

It just leaves us opportunities as adults
to discover the things we have never been
taught, or told. Maybe if enough adults
become aware and question what is told,
maybe things - and our world - will change.

Wouldn't that be something? What would we
discover then?

If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment