Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Can I Get "Caught" in Hypnosis, and Not Come Out?

This is an interesting question.

Professional hypnosis training will tell you
that when tranced one of 3 things will happen
ultimately to someone in that state:

(1)You will awaken them.
(2)The person will awaken themselves.
(3)The person will fall asleep.

I know of cases in which people were in
hypnosis states almost constantly because
the people around them were able to "rig"
it so that they would stay that way.

I also know of cases in which a person
was awake and out of hypnosis, but able
to act as though in hypnosis in terms of
what he did/did not remember.

Most people will likely ask the question
about being caught in hypnosis because
they have a concern for their safety.

In a "clinical" situation, the 3 answers
above will likely hold and be true.
Although, there are some people who are
quite likely walking around in a trance-like
state naturally. One type of person might
be someone you'd likely see in a stage show.

The answer to this question has much to do
with the context of the question as well
as the desired framework for the answer.

I have learned through doing this work that
there is much that I can manipulate, given
the opportunity to do so.

This, then, leads to the question about
whether or not you can do something
"against your will." I have a couple of
blog entries on this topic, as well.
If you are interested, you can view them
in the archives. Feel free to ask me what
I think, as well. (Also see The Truth
About Hypnosis
and Never Do
Anything Against Your Will?
).

I've been doing this for 7 1/2 years now,
and have seen quite a bit...more than I
would like to, actually. My thoughts are
based on the things I have been exposed to.

Our minds are like rabbit holes, and
occasionally we may wind up in less than
desirable circumstances due to what we
perceive to be true and what we may or
may not believe to be true about ourselves.

As always,


If you enjoyed this entry,
(or found it helpful)
please click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment