Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Never Do Anything Against Your Will?

Every day the one thing that comes up over and over
is how one "will never do anything against his will."

I wrote a previous blog entry, "I'll never so anything
against my will
" in which I discussed this very
important aspect of the hypnotic experience.

More than once I have referenced Derrin Brown, and
thought that I had even written about him here, but
can't seem to locate the entry. However, the topic
bears repeating, given how important it is (and,
who knows? Maybe you never saw the original, if
there is one). So, if it's a repeat, forgive me :)

Derrin has a show that he does a myriad of "mind
control" type of things, and there is one called,
"The Heist." In it he takes several upstanding,
successful citizens and turns them into thieves.

The series of videos below are an eye and mindful.

There are certain aspects of it that stand out to
me, not the least of which is what one of the guys
says at the end of the video/experiment. I am not
going to say much more at the moment, however at
some point I will come back and add some of my own
commentary for anyone interested.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look and
see what you think, and see what stands out for you,
and then I invite you to comment below, or ask a
question. It's a worthy conversation to have.

The Heist Part 1
The Heist Part 2
The Heist Part 3
The Heist Part 4
The Heist Part 5

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    This was kinda hard to watch.
    I somehow feel like this is Pawlow all over again only with several bells instead of one and with some hypnosis added.
    I've read about a similar experiment a while back, but seeing people actually go through this is a completely different experience and although I found the results to be pretty interesting I perceived it as highly immoral to put people through this without their explicit agreement to participate in an activity with at least a comparable amount of stress than the actual experiment. I'm aware of the fact that this could falsify the results and on the other hand we rely on this kind of experiment to gain new insights. Besides that we could start a whole philosophical debate about moral values and their signification.
    But before I start to contradict myself any further I'll get to the actual topic, I just felt I had to say something about that.
    This video prompted so much questions...
    One thing that would be interesting to know is to what extent and in what way one's ability to handle stress affects the outcome of this experiment since I got the impression that stress could affect the outcome in both ways.

    Sorry for this comment should my reaction be inappropriate and for my possibly bad grammar.

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some good questions, and points. I had intended to write more about this topic, but never did. The one thing I noted at the end of the videos was the "fact" that those who participated were OK with their participation. I have to admit, I can not help but wonder if there could have been some suggestion to that fact. In the end, if they were OK, does the intent of the means justify the ends? It's a good question - in my mind. Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments.

    ReplyDelete