Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hypnotic Advertising from the 30s

I received an email with 1930s ads,
and this was one of them:


(If there is a copyright and I should not be posting this,
all anyone needs to do is let me know).

I thought it interesting and I have to wonder if there
are advertisements of today that 80 years from now
(or even less) there will be those
scratching their heads going, "huh?"

I have to say that line of reasoning pretty much
makes almost anything OK to do.
It is also is a choice based on
reaction vs action
(which in some ways isn't even a choice).

The strongest and best choices
come from our ACTIONS.

It's pretty sad that advertisements
both old and new
(and unscrupulous and manipulative people)
play on our
tendency to react.

Just remember that associations
often equate to reactions, so be
careful what you equate, or what
you let others equate for you.


It can mean the difference between
harmless fun, and fun that can run into harmful territory.

Btw, did you notice how they highlighted
(associated) face and "have a fag?"


No comments:

Post a Comment