Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Did you really have to say that?

Just saw a news item about FOX, LL Cool J, and Sara Palin
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100331/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1387. What stuck out to me was the statement that FOX gave to Yahoo News:

"'Real American Stories features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe Mr. Smith's interview fit that criteria. However, as it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career.'"

Now no one like you and me is going to know what was truly
said, or what happened. But why try to make LL Cool J
look so bad? Maybe they're not happy with what has
happened, but would it be so terrible to be gracious about
it? The high road is always going to make someone or
something look better than the low one.

Perspective is everything, and a network that is supposed
to be about news (a whole other conversation) is likely to
know that. Come on now...did you really have to say "the
best with his flegling acting career."? Sounds like
something a taunting kid would say, not an adult-oriented
network.

Perhaps Yahoo got it wrong? Or I just misunderstood.
One can only hope.

What did I say recently about reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment