Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Some Edumacation for you

A little lightness for a "heavy" subject.

I find that some that I talk to don't know
a few things about sexually contacted
diseases. I have thought more than once
about posting about at least one in
particular - HPV.

Today I saw something about gonorrhea.

So I thought today should be the day.

Some people think if they're careful,
they'll be safe. I sure would like to
think that myself. However in both
cases - gonorrhea and HPV - there may
be no signs of any symptoms.

For a man, HPV is not likely to produce
any symptoms. As a matter of fact, he
could have it, and would never know.

However, if he gave it to a woman, she
could possibly get cervical cancer.

It is genital skin to skin contact
that promotes the sharing of the virus,
so a condom will not necessarily do
anything when those private areas
"collide."

In addition, there has been some
speculation that oral sex with an
infected party could possibly be the
pathway to throat cancer.

I tell you these things because some
married men may think they're playing
safe, and yet may do something to put
their wife at risk. I tell you these
things because some single men may
think there is no real risk for them,
as they're single.

If a man can't be tested for HPV
(which he can't) he can't know if he
has contacted it, or if he has it.
So theoretically, he could be tested,
and say he's clean when in actuality,
he may not be. Sadly, there doesn't
seem to be any way to know.

Also, it seems that at one time or
another a good percentage of the
population is infected, or has been
affected with a strain (some strains
more serious than others), so it may
treated more casually than it should be.

Vaccinations are proposed, but they
only cover a few strains, and as the
message about gonorrhea shows, some
things become resistant to our attempts
to manage them with drugs.

What is one to do?

I wish I knew the answer. However,
what I do know is that hypnotic sex
is a pretty darn real experience, and
is a safe one. So before you consider
going out into the world and experimenting,
perhaps consider working with what is
between your ears.

A few links for your discovery:
http://www.aolnews.com/health/article/gonorrhea-close-to-gaining-superbug-status/19420157
http://www.ktvu.com/health/11741524/detail.html
http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/

No comments:

Post a Comment