Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Have you found joy in your life?

Tonight I watched the movie The Bucket List.

In it, there was a scene in which there was
a discussion about what Egyptian's believed
happened when you got to heaven. Apparently
it is believed that two questions are asked,
the answers of which determined whether or
not you would be admitted to heaven:

Have you found joy in your life?
Has your life brought joy to others?

It's an interesting set of questions. Sometimes
we are so focused on others, we lose sight of
ourselves and what makes us feel good. Sometimes
it seems easier to focus on others than it is to
look at our own life and what really works for us.

The irony is that we are likely better able
to bring joy to the life of others if we
feel it ourselves, first.

So...

Have you found joy in your life?
Has your life brought joy to others?

If not, what can you do to make that happen?
If you're not sure, maybe I can help. Talk
to me about it the next time we speak.

Have a great night.

If you enjoyed this entry, please click below:

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes and yes, Isis. I've been fortunate to find and give joy in my life. I haven't always been able to accept it but I've made great strides in the past several years, which has increased my ability to give joy as well. Interesting how that works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that was me, cdbtoo, Isis!

    ReplyDelete