Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hypnotic Stupors & Hangovers

I had a friend who had never had liquor
before,and her first drink was a mixed
drink. Since it was her first drink,
the liquor was a minimal amount of the
total beverage.

She was drinking it, but wasn't feeling
the effects of the alcohol, so she
decided to add more to the drink.
Still not feeling it a few sips later,
she added more, and did it a few times
more, each time with less and less
orange juice diluting her drink.

You might guess what happened.

She woke up the next morning with a
pretty bad hangover.

I was reminded of this story today
because I brought it up as a metaphor
of what can happen with hypnosis.

Some people think that the recordings
and sessions are not affecting them,
and they keeping adding to the mix,
thinking that what they're doing will
help them feel the effects of
hypnosis.

But instead of it being a subtle and
slow effect, it becomes one that seems
to come from no where and can be quite
overwhelming.

For some, it can be a dream come true.

However...

If you are one of those types that
think that you aren't to be affected,
you may listen to some things that
aren't the type of things you would
ultimately like to have an effect
on you. And when it hits suddenly
you might be so "drunk," you won't
even know what's going on and some
hypnotic stupors and hangovers are
no fun, at all.

As always, play (& stay) safe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment