Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, January 14, 2011

Want to Feel Helpless?

I find many times that those who
are under a great deal of stress
want to feel helpless, and controlled
by another.

In and of itself, it wouldn't
necessarily be a "bad" thing, as
we as human beings seek balance.

The problem comes when one - in
search of balance - winds up in
a situation that is less than
desirable.

It is one thing to come to a choice
as a reaction to an event or
circumstance, and it is another
to come to it as a choice that is
an action that you choose on your
own, free from issues that may
drive you to escape.

If you are indulging in things as
a form of escape, you are likely
compounding your issues. There
was a person I once spoke with,
and during the course of our time
together it became painfully clear
that the hypnosis he had been
receiving had only masked his pain.

Some might believe that masking
pain is OK, but it often is less
than desirable, as masked pain
is still pain and it will express
itself in other ways if not
diffused and is only buried.

There is another person I know of
who was into submission and
humiliation in a big way, and he
had started to do therapy for
issues in his life that had nothing
to do with anything erotic or
hypnotic or submissive. It was
never a part of the conversation.

However, the more that he went to
sessions, the less inclined he
was to spend money and time on
being things he came to feel were
abusive. You could say those
things lost their charm.

Is this going to be the case at
all times with all people? I
would venture a guess that it
wouldn't be likely. However,
I would also venture a guess that
it is more than likely that a
person who has issues and deals
with them will interact with his
desires to be controlled and
submissive in a different and,
perhaps ironically, more powerful
way.


Dems my couple of cents. Want
to share yours?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment