Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh the irony...

In regard to the events of Tuscon, there
are many thoughts wandering through my
head. Two of them in particular I want
to share with you.

1. So many were upset with the map that
had been on Sarah's site, so upset in
fact that they took screen shots of it
and shared it with anyone who was paying
attention. How much do you want to bet
that even more people than ever saw that
map thanks to those who decided to show
everyone what they felt was inciting
violence.

2. People are saying that we need to
be more careful about what we say, and
yet there are those who are saying very
inflammatory and unkind things about
Sarah Palin. I know people are upset,
but aren't times like those the times
we might want to consider being more
careful about what we say? After all,
one never knows when something said
might incite or encourage another to
act in a potentially detrimental way.
If one says words matter, doesn't that
mean THEIR words, too?


Anyone beside me see any irony in these
two things?
 

2 comments:

  1. i would agree with everything you said and with that said mind my own words, but say silence by some spoke volumes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes saying something only further complicates the matter, as those who look to create a perspective will hear what they want to hear.

    Thanks for your contribution, funguy.

    ReplyDelete