Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Monday, April 19, 2010

Just because I can...

I was just reading about hotels that are
raising their rates in "response" to what
is happening with the volcano. According
to one hotel manager, "'We dynamically
price much like the airlines do, according
to how many rooms we have to sell in the
hotel.
'"

Many people are suffering hardships due to
what is happening. My question is just
because they can raise the rate, does it
mean they should? What would be so terrible
in being kind to those who are having issues?
Is there a chance they could even afford some
good will, and lower the price?

This makes me think about how I sometimes
get requests from people, and some think
that just because I am capable of honoring
the request I should. Some get upset with
me if I don't want to give them what they
want, how they want it.

I have a feminization line that I charge
more for than for my other listings. Why
do I charge more? It's because of the
nature of it. I want people to be clear
what they are asking for, and what the
potentials might be. I want it to be
something that stares someone in the face
before they make a casual choice.

While I can only observe what these hotels
are doing, and can't speak for them, we all
have reasons behind what we choose, and we
have to live with the results of our choices.

The hotels might be having fiscal problems,
and need the increased monies to survive.
For them, this might be a good thing that
they can raise the prices, and it may save
jobs (giving them the benefit of perspective).

If I chose to do something that I am
uncomfortable with, the results I might not be
able to live with, even if the person
I worked with wanted to and could. I respect
their desire and ability to choose, as well,
and that is why I will tell them it is likely
best to find someone else.

We may not always agree with another's choices
however, as with anything, communication and
a healthy respect can go a long way in helping
each party get what s/he needs. Occasionally
my unwillingness to do something will shed
some light on the subject in a way the person
hadn't considered, and in the end, a few have
even changed their mind.

Just because someone can do something, does it
mean they should? I bet you know my answer now.
What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. Isis the beauty of living in North America with our free speech, our freedoms give You that right gives me the right to choose and most of all the right to walk away. If more people would stop and listen to their inner core than possibly more would make the right choices for themselves and less domestic violence less crime and less ignorance and more of all the good things that might make the world turn smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree iceT! Many are influenced by outside influences more than the internal ones.

    Be well...and keep listening!

    Isis

    ReplyDelete