Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Saturday, April 24, 2010

How much fantasy?

There is an on going conversation in the
erotic world about the pictures of the
women represented.

To be, or not to be oneself, that is the
question.

Some would say to be oneself is the way
to be, and to tout one's genuineness,
and own beauty.

When beauty can be defined any number of
ways (although some would most certainly
dispute that), it is difficult to know
what is best for someone trying to make
a decision based on the seeming prevailing
winds outside.

Interestingly, there are men who don't
even prefer the glossy-fied, model version
pictures. But how far can this be taken,
really?

I just posted in the previous entry about
how men see the overall perspective, so
perhaps a woman who is au-naturel would
be attractive if she had the "right,"
shall we say, assets.

It's hard to make a complete generalization
as always because everyone is different,
and has different sensibilities, and to
limit the conversation is to lack a piece
of the pie.

We can certainly appreciate something for
what it is. Let's say, the color red. We
can appreciate it for its passion. We can
appreciate it for its depth. We can
appreciate it for whatever pleasure it can
bring us by its associations.

However, when we see a red shoe, the feeling
of red can take on a slightly different
meaning and feeling. The same with a red
article of clothing, like a bra. And even
yet another layer of appreciation may come
from the foot or breasts that the shoe or
bra cover. When we extend that to the part
of the body that it is attached to, there
can be even more appreciation.

Of course, if it goes one way, it would also
seem to lend itself to a reverse effect...
that we could lose an interest, based on
the associations we have with one thing.

So...does the make up make the woman?
Probably not. However, it does add some
enhancements that may have favorable
associations for some, and as a result
bring an added attraction.

Do the clothes make the woman?
Probably not. However, how something
is crafted and worn does add some
enhancement that may create the favorable
benefits appreciated by some.

I wonder why we feel the need to impress
our standards on others? Does it make
us feel better about our choices?

Interesting question.

Here are some pictures of celebs with
and without makeup
. Tell me which you
prefer overall. I'd be curious to hear
the range of response.

It is also curious to me about how the
pics are taken. The ones that seem the
most unflattering are without the best
lighting, and not the best angle and/or
perspective. I know from taking most
of my own pictures, angle is everything!
And even my most unflattering angles
are me. However, my hunch is that you
like the ones you see, because you have
some pleasant associations attached to
them and, perhaps even me. Association,
or not, I suspect you appreciate the
best of the angles for the little
sumthin' extra they provide for you and
your experience of me.

So...how much fantasy? I would suppose
the answer to the question is another
question, how much would you like?

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment