Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Competition? No thanks.

Today someone with the best of intentions
suggested a "competition" among
hypnodommes, the results to be judged
by those watching a series of events
designed to judge the effects of the
hypnodommes' abilities. The intention,
it seemed, to help others get to know the
dommes and get helpful/valuable information.

While I thought the idea behind it was good,
I expressed my lack of interest in anything
that would be competitive. I said that there
were various reasons for my response
that extended past this world, and thought
that for anyone interested in a little bit more,
I would explain.

I feel that we have enough difficulties as
human beings without creating opportunities
for conflict. Why the need to be the "best?"
How does the "best" get defined? Who defines
it? Why is it defined that way?

Why the need to have gold, silver, bronze
medals? Why do we have to have rivalries?

Why do we have to have things that set us
up to be in opposition to one another to have
us be and do our best?

The fact is that I don't think we do need it.
We just have yet to find the inner part of us
that we can connect with.

When we connect with our inner selves
then that is when we
can be our best.

Competitions are for the outside world.

However, I'd like to believe when we connect
with our inside one there is no need for a
competition because our ability will shine in
a way that those who can connect with it in
the "outside world" will relate and appreciate.

Will it shine for everyone? Likely not.
But with billions of people in the world,
that might just be a wee bit overwhelming
any way.

Just a couple of my cents. Take them for
what they're worth in the currency of your
world.

Isis

PS I realize this is still a much bigger conversation,
however, I thought a nibble might be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment