Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

McNuggets contain what...?!!?

I hear things, and they make me wonder.

Did you know that flouride is a poison
that supposedly is good for your teeth?

(this video will give you a few things
to consider regarding flouride consumption)



I bring this topic up because we as a
society seem really good at saying "oh,
this chemical thing is OK for us to
consume," and people go, "oh, OK."

Reportedly, McNuggets have some of the
same chemical ingredient that Silly Putty has.
You can read the story of the Silly Putty
Nuggets here
, and not only that, but it is also
more fattening than its UK counterparts.

I can see how some people would get
nuggets, thinking that it's chicken
and better for you than another option
might be. All I can think is YUCK.

I am not one for eating them. Not
even sure the last time I did. However,
I am fairly certain I have eaten them
for the last time.

I wonder what else we should be questioning.
What information are you aware of? There
is a commercial for high fructose corn syrup
that made me cringe.



The cringe part was the "fine in moderation."
Ever go to the store and check out the
ingredient labels? High fructose corn
syrup is in MANY things. One day I wanted
to buy cookies without it. I couldn't find
one single one that didn't have it. It's
in breads, rolls, condiments, cereals, ice
cream, crackers, and on and on and on...

If it is in so much, how is it possible to
have in moderation?

In case you don't know, it is an ingredient
that is used for sweetening, and while the
body knows how to process sugar, it doesn't
know how to process the high fructose corn
syrup. As a result it has been reported to
cause cravings, and affect blood sugar levels
adversely, among other things. I am no
expert in it, and "getting the facts" can
be a good idea.

Interestingly, I think it is Hunt's Ketchup
that recently decided to go without high
fructose corn syrup. It might be a good
thing, however I don't know yet what their
substitute is.

As always, just a few somethings to think about.
I've only mentioned three things. Imagine how
many more there may be that we don't yet know
about.

(edit 6/30 ever wonder about
what's in your
Diet Coke? Check this out.
)

1 comment:

  1. Entries like this are why I love reading this blog so often. Really gets the mind going over what you desire mentally, or what you encounter everyday. The video and all the facts listed should have me checking what I ingest more often. I feel like putting everything I deal with daily under a microscope, just out of sheer curiosity and caution. And fyi, consuming drinks from aluminum cans can hurt in the long run; ingesting aluminum from constant pressing of the lips to the can leads to some forms of cancer or bone disorder later. Hopefully straws are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete