Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Brain Science & Differences in Perception | Video

This video is about an hour long. I know for many
spending that time might be difficult to do, however,
if the way our mind works is of interest to you,
it is an hour likely to be well spent.

The piece I found most interesting was the part
that said that our mind is as unique as our
fingerprint. That being the case, there truly
can't be any general assumptions about how the
world is seen. Of course, that creates difficulties
when the moral judgments of some become the laws
of all.

Of course this is a tricky topic, and there are
many shades of gray, however, one would have to
hope that we can come together in a way that
there are shades that most of us can come to
some form of agreement on.

Another thing that struck me is that, as with
anything, the good that could come out of this
could also be used for things not so good.

If you watch the video, I would love to hear
your thoughts in the comments below, or even
privately...it's up to you. However, I wouldn't
mind an interactive conversation here. :)





Watch the full episode. See more NOVA scienceNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment