Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gratitude

Every now and again I have moments of awareness that
involve gratitude. The moments I feel grateful are
the moments that I am aware of the things that I could
so very easily take for granted.

There are times as I walk to my car late at night, I
am grateful to be living in a place that I feel safe
to do so.

There are times as I go about living my life, I am
grateful to be able to walk the street without a fear
of a bomb going off, or there being a shooting.

Interestingly, there was a time I lived in a nice
neighborhood that was so nice drug dealers moved in.
There were times you could hear what sounded like
shots being fired. It was pretty scary. I had to
sometimes think twice about what I did, and how and
when I did it.

So often we take the things that seem "natural" to
us for granted. We stop thinking about how great it
is that the sun shines often enough for us to have
the food we have and the beauty of nature.

Today I was thinking yet again about how grateful I
am for those who think so highly of me that they
treat me as they do, and treat me to the things they
do. I would hope that I express my gratitude at those
times, but sometimes I wonder if I could ever say it
enough, or convey how I feel sufficiently enough.

I am not a person who believes the world should bow
at her feet - or even its inhabitants. But I do
believe that it is nice to treat others with respect
and generosity and am appreciative when it is met
in the same way when it comes back in my direction.

So to anyone who has ever let me play in the playground
of their mind and has been kind and appreciative
of my efforts and has taken the time to express
yourself in any way - and particularly if you have
been particularly generous with presents given to me
I just want to take
this moment
to say...

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

Have a great day.
 

1 comment:

  1. And thank you, Isis, from the bottom of my own grateful heart, for all that you've shared with me, helped me experience and encourage me to do. You are deserving of ever wonderful thing that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete