Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

I just saw a news report based
on a recent study of 6500
executives. Apparently, of those
who answered, most preferred
their BLACKBERRY to their spouse.

The news team that was doing the
report asked a woman about it,
and she admitted to spending
more time with her "CRACKberry"
than with her boyfriend.

(If you are interested in the
news report, you can
see it for yourself here.
Here's an article
about the study).

Apparently the Blackberry is
making its way into the bedroom,
and getting in the way of
relationships. That's what
THEY say, any way.

I suspect that in a number of cases,
there are other issues
that aren't being addressed,
and the Blackberry is a great
companion and fall guy.

I wonder if anyone else has considered
this as a possibility. After all,
most things are not what they seem.
Ever realize that what you're fighting
about is something unrelated to the
socks on the floor, or the fact that
you didn't call when you said you would?

Consider that addressing a symptom of
a problem is different than
addressing the cause of a problem.
If you "fix" a symptom, but not the cause,
you'll likely find you have other symptoms
to address.

Lucky bamboo is supposed to be planted,
or live in very minimal water. Apparently,
if you let it live in a lot of water, it
will eventually turn yellow, and/or die.
What it needs for its ideal health is to
be planted in soil.

I now know that. I found that out a few
days ago. I was wondering why the bamboo
I had didn't seem to be doing so well, and
at times some of the leaves were changing
to yellow.

I had tried changing the water, using less
water, filtered water, it didn't seem to
be helping. Now that I know this, if I
continue to let the bamboo live in the water
I will likely have an outcome that I will
be unhappy with. I now know what the
plant needs for optimum health. And, yet,
I can continue to "blame" the water, or the
location, or any other things my imagination
can come up with.

However, because I am not addressing the
root cause of its problems, I will likely
continue to see it doing less than its
spectacular self is capable of, and/or
watch it die a slow death.

In the same way, if your relationship
isn't planted and rooted properly, you
will likely find yourself doing many
things to help it, but not getting
where you want to be. In the same way
that my lucky bamboo could die, so
could any relationship when it is not
"properly" taken care of (what is defined
as "proper" is a whole other subject,
which we won't go into at the moment).

Just a little something to think
about this day. :-)
Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment