Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Friday, October 10, 2008

More Insight into My World...

Today I awakened to this comment from someone who bought one of my recordings:

"Total Rip off!!! no background sound like the trance! ...boring voice...and cuts-off before finished! Terrible!!!! I hope you enjoy my money not spent well! You got me! Great! now Remember..."What comes around goes around"!!!!"

This comment was publically placed, and he never tried to contact me regarding his dissatisfaction. Had he done that, I would have asked him what he meant by "no background sound like the trance!" and I would have asked him to try to download the recording again, as occasionally NF seems to have issues with recordings not fully downloading properly. (I hadn't heard that problem in a while, so I thought it was fixed). I would have also have offered alternatives, one of which is that he can likely get his money back by contacting NF's Customer Service.

His comment implies that I "took" him and his money. If he had taken the time to contact me he would have known - like those who have taken the time to get to know me - that I do anything but. I don't ever want someone to spend their money on me and be unhappy with what they get. That is never my intention. While a great number of people enjoy my voice and recordings, I know what I do won't be for everyone. If he truly thinks my voice is boring, there isn't much I can do about that, but it is hardly part of my "plot" to give people a product that they'll spend money on and not like.

I did write him back, and did all of the things I mentioned above, and a few more, and ever so kindly suggested that he, too, remember that "What comes around goes around"!!!! as his reaction to me and his perceived slight may one day come back to him. One day he may do something with the best of intentions, and someone may have a totally false impression of him and what he has to offer. I wonder how he will feel then?

I would say most of those who communicate with me would take the time to communicate if there was something they were unhappy with. However, if it is something you've never considered, may I suggest that before you react to a perceived slight, or seeming scam, that you at least confirm that it is what you thought it to be before slamming the person or business.

Give them a chance, sometimes things just happen and sometimes you won't be happy. However, when you are dealing with vendors of any type that care about their customers and reputation, they will do what they can to make it right - even if they don't feel like they're wrong. However, in this "instant" world of high expectations and often unrealistic unreasonableness it may mean someone take a step back and communicate their dissatisfaction and ask for an alternate resolution. The vendor is not a mind reader, so they'll never know if there is a problem if you don't say there is one - why assume that the person was trying to get one up on you?

It is an interesting world we live in...

Have a great weekend!
Isis

10-18 UPDATE
Just wanted to share the following with you. After contacting the above caller, I received a reply that said the following (in part):

"Dear Isis!

After reading your letter, I seem to think that you are sincere without intentions to scam. You have provided a viable service to others. I never know with people at some sites so I become bothered by scam artists. After review of your letters I think you are someone who has something to offer to others. I want to apologize to you for the hassle I caused..."

Sometimes things do happen...and I am so sorry that this did, all round. However, I am pleased to know that he now at least realizes that there was more to me and what I offer than what he originally assigned to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment