Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting Ready to Vote?

I don't know if it's just the nature
of my observations as a hypnotist,
or if it is just more prevalent this
election year, but I am noticing that
there is a lot of talk about how ads
are subliminally affecting those who
watch them.

I have seen all kinds of things lately.

A few people are mentioning hypnosis
by name, others are mentioning "safer"
words, like NLP and the unconscious,
and explaining how the brain works.

Today I saw a video done by ABC News.
They were discussing how they tested
6 people to see if they were unconsciously
biased by the ads. See the results
for yourself - click here.

What it seems to me in this regard,
any way, is that there may be an
unconscious impact, however, it won't
necessarily override a conscious
decision. However, it is an interesting
point to consider and, as always, I
suggest that you be especially mindful
as you set out to vote. I would suspect
that the more conflicted you feel about
a candidate, the more unconsciously
biased by some outside force you may be.

As always, just something to be
consciously aware of.

Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment