Who wants to be hypnotized when they could be hypnotouched*?

(It's ALL) About Me (yeah, right!)

I am about many things...to box me into ONE would be a very big mistake.

People experience me as intelligent and offbeat, with a perspective that is NOT down the worn path.
Those who enjoy speaking with me quite frequently find things they didn't even know they were looking for.
If what I have to say seems interesting or might be helpful to you, let's talk!

There is a chat box in the right column,
feel free to chat with others when I am not there, or with me, when I am.
(If you're hearing *blips* while visiting, there is likely to be conversation going on at the time).

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Feeling Stressed?

I noticed something interesting awhile ago about the men who have called me.

What I am about to share is about my experience only and my personal thoughts, and I in no way intend to indicate that what I say fits the whole picture, or works as a broad generalization. However, my intention in sharing it is to provide anyone who is reading a framework that might just be helpful in their own experience.

I have said previously to callers (and think I have alluded to it in this blog), I believe that men and women don't know how to be these days. There are women being "men" and men being "women," in both physical transformation and in masculine and feminine characteristics. It would be enough for some to feel confused. After all, aren't men and women's roles defined? Aren't they "supposed" to be a certain way?

Now add to that the pressures of modern day life. If "we" go by the "standard" definition of what a man is supposed to be, it means a lot more than it did in our caveman days. In the caveman days, life was very simple: kill and feed your family, or be killed. It might be an oversimplification, but hopefully you get my point.

Today, it is much more than that. There are many family obligations to take care of, some fun, some not so fun. There are tvs everywhere. We walk around with ipods. There are web services that keep us up on tidbits of all the information we may never need to know. We keep heaping more and more things into the mix.

Interestingly, part of what hypnotizes us is when we are overloaded with information. We have a breakdown, of sorts, and it makes us more susceptible to what is happening around us. It would be nice to think, as I am sure many people who think they are invincible do, that there is no breaking point. The unfortunate thing in my mind is that I would say for many a breaking point is equated with a sign of weakness (which many are uncomfortable with), rather than a reality of the human mind's ability to simultaneously cope with details that are constantly bombarding us.

I don't know about you, but there are times I just need quiet. I just need the company of my own thoughts. I very rarely watch tv, or listen to the radio any more. I have too much going on, and I just don't want to "handle" it, which is pretty much what it would amount to. Occasionally, my escape will be into a movie - which doesn't even happen all that often. But when it does, it probably feels like how you feel once you've been able to escape into a hypnotic state for awhile.

With so many men having to feel like they have to be in control in their day to day lives in all levels of their lives, it is no wonder that they seek out a place that they can just give up and give over to someone else. In a way, it is a natural balancing mechanism that we also have as human beings. When we're out of balance, we seek to find it. Unfortunately there are times that it comes in destructive ways, in part I believe, because consciously we won't allow it. The result is that we need it, so we will find it/create it any way we can. The results can be disastrous, even outside of a hypnotic context.

Hypnosis is a wonderful tool. However, especially in cases like what I have described, it can become a destructive one. Did you know that there are some theories of the mind that say that will power and conscious choice is only about 7% of our experience? That says a lot about our unconscious mind's control over what we ultimately do. Ever wonder why your willpower seems to be on the losing side of what you say you want more often than not? Well...now you know at least one potential explanation.

I love what I do, and often try to understand what is going on with someone as I am hypnotizing them. It is sometimes under appreciated. After all, if you are coming for an escape, do you really want to think about it? What those with an open mind come to see is that an awareness of what is going on, coupled with what the potential outcomes are, is actually even better than ignoring it. There is an expression that what you resist, persists. To avoid it is to have it be the pink elephant in the room - the one that is too big to go through the door because the room was built around it.

Hypnosis (and other things) can help that elephant to disappear, which to me is much better than having a temporary fix to life's stresses.

Perhaps you could see how that might be possible? Perhaps you can see how this might be useful to know? Perhaps you're just fine the way you are. In which case, this might just be something to tuck away for future (or a friend's) reference.

If you appreciate entries like this one, please let me know. I suspect that for some it does take away some of the "charm" of the experience of erotic and sensual hypnosis. While I understand it, I'd like to think that the reason that I have callers who call me again and again is because they are the ones who appreciate my appreciation of all of who they are...and not just that part between their legs...and not just my appreciation of their appreciation of my assets.

I have always found myself sharing what I know. If that is something you'd prefer not to know, maybe I am not the right one for you.

And then again, maybe you just never knew how right I could be. Smile.

I hope you enjoy whatever is left of your weekend.

Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment